**Update for "John Fahey - America" album



From one of our friend:

John Fahey - AMERICA - Mark 1:15 (complete version from vinyl)

"It wasn't well-publicized, but when Fahey's 'America'was expanded and released to CD by Fantasy, almost three minutes of 'Mark 1:15' were edited out to make the album fit on one disc. This is pretty inexcusable, especially considering Fahey was at somepoint quoted as saying that 'Mark 1:15' was one of his most important epic tracks. Myself, I could never figure out who the hell could possibly think they had the right to do such a thing, and why they thought that fans wouldn't spend an extra few bucks to own the whole shebang on two discs. Anyway, I have a decent sounding vinyl copy of the album, so I've ripped the original-length version of 'Mark 1:15', encoded it to 320 mp3, and submit it here with a smile. Enjoy!"

Related post: here

You can download from here:

Thank you for sharing with us!

2 comments:

  1. really really thank you!!!!! :)

    bye,
    kohntarkosz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I managed to miss this wonderful treat...I wish it had occurred to me sooner to hunt for it, as I remember Nels Cline mourning the cut's cut in his eulogy for Fahey. If anyone has this rip (this one track), I would love to see a re-up! Many thanks.

    ReplyDelete