The Peace - "Black Power" {Zambia} [197X] (Afro Psych)

This is not my rip,nor my friends..This is also sent to another blog akwaba sound system in time..i believe many afro psych rock lover friends missed that post..so i wanted to share this album again, because it is one of the best ,unknown, afro psych album i have listened..i uploaded the files as is..thanks to the ripper friend.hope you like it too..and here is the copy/paste:

"And time for me to contribute to our blog. I thought it might be nice to start out with The Peace, an obscure band out of Zambia's Copperbelt. If you visit Ndola these days, it is a rather quiet town, even a bit depressing, and certainly not a place that makes you think of funk or rock, but in the 1970s Ndola (the administrative capital of a once flourishing Copperbelt) must have been a rocking place, with bands like this one or The W.I.T.C.H. (aka We Intend To Cause Havoc - I'll get to them in a later post). Then, the Copperbelt had recording studios and at least one vinyl pressing plant. Edward Khuzwayo owned one of them: he's credited as musical director producer for Black Power, recorded at Malachite Studios in Chingola. I know little about them: someone told me that this was a band from the Zambian Air Force. Who knows?
I found it in Ndola through Khuzwayo's (grand)son and then only after we tracked down one of the former studio engineers (who's now handling truck engineering). It's one of those records I simply got because of the cover and track titles; after finally listening to it, for me, it's become one of those gems from Africa's diverse music scenes in the 1970s."


Ubalwa ne chamba..

9 comments:

  1. totally awesome thanks!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This record really rocks! If you like the African Love, Peace & Poetry compilation, you'll dig this. I was wondering, though: Could I please have the track listing? The MP3s don't have any track numbers. Thanks for offering this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutley brilliant ! A rare Gem from deep down south. Unfortunatly Track 2, "Get On The Way" doesn´t work.

    Thanx so much anyway

    ReplyDelete
  4. i am glad that you like the album,
    my friend all tracks works fine, however due to nature of mp3 that kind of things can be happen as usual..please try to play the song in different media player, or better you can download a free mp3 codec.i think it may solve..

    Good days :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks--a great post. And a great blog (as always).

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi the site http://tinyurl.com/39hzub say that have a spy content my zone alarm.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome your blog Rules!
    cheers

    ReplyDelete
  8. tracklisting is here:
    http://tinyurl.com/ylz4r3u

    ReplyDelete